Real Property Law & Legal Issues Work Products
Real Property Law and Legal Issues include model property records-related drafts and legislation frequently proposed by the Uniform Law Commission (ULC). This project can also help track property records-related legislation in the states. A work project team may be formed to review and recommend statutes related to public records, solutions to deter fraudulent recording, and revisions to UCC Article 9.
- Drafted the model DR-513, Military Discharge, legislation (1998?)
- Oversaw the rewrite of the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) Article 9 model legislation (1997-1998)
- Participated in the ULC’s Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA) (1998-2000)
- Participated in the ULC’s Uniform Real Property Electronic Recording Act (URPERA)(2002-2004)
- Participated in the rewrite of the Revised Uniform Law on Notarial Acts (RULONA) (2008-2010).
- Monitored the ULC’s Residential Real Estate Mortgage Foreclosure Act which became the ULC’s Home Foreclosures Procedures Act (2012-2014)
|Posted 04/17/14||eNotes Are Legal|
|Posted 02/09/06||Uniform Real Property Electronic Recording Act Guide|
|Posted 01/2014||Centralized Lien Processing Guidelines for County Recorders|
|PRIA Position Statement||PRIA Position Paper on UPRERA|