Business Processes & Procedures Committee
Strike-up a conversation regarding recording practices across the country and sooner-than-later someone will quip that there are “3600 ways to record a deed in this country”. This is the challenge of the Business Processes and Procedure committee.
While it is a fun axiom for casual conversation, is it really true that every county does every aspect of the recording function differently? What are the similarities? How can they be maximized to create efficiencies that help our industry? What are the differences? Are they truly necessary or can we through dialogue and cooperation minimize the impact of yesterday’s local variations to develop a more cohesive process?
This committee will consider topics related to researching local processes, procedures, practices and systems in property records offices for the purpose of promoting more consistent standards among recording offices. Topics may include:
- Standardization of document formats
- Standardization of document content
- Standardization of document recording practices, fees
- Uniform Commercial Code filing forms, procedures, indexing and other practices
- Reject causes, costs and solutions
- General best practice or position statements
Our current active workgroups are:
- Archival, Back-up & Disaster Recovery
- eRecording eXcellence Workgoup
- GIS Workgroup
- Uniform Numbering System